Piping Engineer for liquid and steam systems for innovative energy solutions
Are you interested in designing and developing heat-generating solar plants for the energy sector? Would you like to become a part of a talented team in a fast-growing, innovative company? Then you might be the ideal candidate for the position as our new piping engineer for liquid and steam systems responsible for developing heat transfer systems for our solar fields.
Who are we?
Heliac is an innovative company located in Nivå with a diverse team of 40 employees specializing in natural sciences and business development. Heliac produces, installs, and operate solar heating systems based on our cost-effective lenses. Our culture is characterized by informal communication
and collaboration across departments.
Who are you?
You are an experienced engineer who has worked with piping in high pressure steam systems. You will take the responsibility of designing the piping systems of our solar fields, high temperature thermal storage systems, and steam generation systems. As piping engineer, you will be working on the development, optimization, and adaption of pipe systems for our innovative solar fields and storage system. You will also be a part of our development
team dealing with the integrating of our technology into the existing systems of our future customers which can be from different sectors such as Food & Beverage, Power Industry, District Heating, Industrial Processes, etc.
What is your main responsibility?
Your tasks will primarily consist of:
- Draw Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Participate in the preparation of operation philosophies.
- Prepare 3D piping layouts and isometric drawings.
- Prepare calculations for pipe stress analysis of high temperature/pressure systems (incl. stress
relief design proposal)
- Ensure compliance with standards, i.e., PED, EN/ISO, ASME, etc.
- Specify and dimension component, i.e., pipes, pumps, steam traps, valves, gaskets, thread
sealants, steam accumulators, etc.
- Prepare operation and maintenance protocols.
- Participate in quality assurance (QA)/quality control (QC) i.e., NTD requirements, pressure
test requirements, etc.
- Optimize the robustness of the liquid system on the solar field (moving/rotating structures).
It is important that you have been working extensively with the design of steam/condensate systems and have knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED). You have been involved in both analytical and practical work and you have the knowledge of the different standards and directives
for high pressure systems.
We also find it important that you have practical knowledge in the industry (i.e., welding procedures, method of insulating and cladding, types of sealants and joint connections, etc.)
For our position as piping engineer, we would like you to have a solid experience with:
- Pipe stress analysis softwares (i.e., Autopipe, CAESAR II)
- 2D/3D CAD software’s (i.e., Autodesk Plant 3D, SolidWorks routing, Navisworks)
- MS Office (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
As a personal skill, you have the ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities. We see you as a person with innovative competence and as an employee who can show great flexibility. It is important that you have the skills to structure your daily tasks, be detail-oriented,
persistent and at the same time show great responsibility and ownership in order to reach the finish line.
If you find the position as piping engineer interesting, please send your CV as well as your motivated application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All interested candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or religion are encouraged to apply for this position. Your application is confidential but please do not include sensitive personal data.
If you have any questions or would like to gain more insight into the position as piping engineer or Heliac as a company, you are welcome to contact our Head of HR Mia Lønberg by e-mail: email@example.com