Engineer for liquid and steam systems for innovative energy solutions
Are you interested in designing and developing heat-generating solar plants for the energy sector? Would you like to become a part of a talented team in a fast-growing, innovative company? Then you might be the ideal candidate for the position as engineer for liquid and steam systems responsible for developing heat transfer systems for our solar plants.
Who are we?
Heliac is an innovative company located in Hørsholm, Denmark with a multidisciplinary team of 20 employees that specializes in natural sciences and business development. Heliac produces, delivers, and installs solar heating systems based on our cost-efficient lenses. We offer a versatile position that includes a great degree of personal freedom with responsibility in a growing international company. Our culture is characterised by informal communication, and our responsibilities span wide due to the nature of the tasks that require cross-departmental collaboration.
Who are you?
As an engineer, you hold a BSc or MSc in Mechanical, Process, Energy, or Chemistry or similar. You have 2-5 years of experience preferably within the process industry and have knowledge within pipe and steam systems, as well as current standards within pressurized systems. In particular, it would be a plus if you have
- Experience with normalized standards for industrial piping systems such as EN13480. This includes Design & Calculation, Fabrication & Installation, Inspection & Testing, etc.
- Experience with specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic piping.
- Understanding and experience with the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU.
- Knowledge in Pipe Stress Analysis softwares (i.e. Autopipe, Ceaser II, or similar).
- Knowledge in design of pressure vessels.
Since Heliac is an international company, you will work across language and culture. Thus, it is imperative that you are fluent in written and oral English.
Your tasks will primarily consist of designing pipe systems for our solar fields including the preparation of P&IDs, selection of pipes, gaskets, pumps, valves, and other components. You will be responsible for calculating thermal stress and communicating with suppliers together with our procurement department. In addition, you will ensure system certification in collaboration with subcontractors and guarantee compliance of components for temperature and pressure. The position includes the following assignments:
- Coordinate the development and construction of solar fields with the construction manager
- Dimension pipe systems for the solar fields
- Optimize components in the solar panels
- Flow- and pressure loss calculations
- Assist the procurement department with liquid systems
- Quality assurance of liquid system installations
Due to the current size of the organisation, tasks outside the core assignments of the position can be expected.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, and interviews are ongoing. If you feel inspired and believe you are the right candidate for the job, we encourage you to send your application immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or religion are encouraged to apply for this position. Your application is confidential.
In case of questions, please contact Sarah Roloff at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.